twitch.tv/courtiebee hang out thread!

Forums Other Discussions Community twitch.tv/courtiebee hang out thread!

This topic contains 421 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by Courtney Gee Courtney Gee 3 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 401 through 422 (of 422 total)
  • Author
    Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hi again Lillie!

I completely agree that a good diet will help to prevent all the diseases you mentioned! Some people think that they are all metabolic diseases, which I assume means that they should be completely preventable by diet. I don’t know how true that is, but it’s cool to think that there’s a chance we have control over them.

I think the biggest thing that causes people to feel so much better when they go on one of these diets is that all of them (juicing, vegan, raw, paleo) eliminate processed food. Eating real food is the key, no matter what the diet. It’s impossible not to feel better when you go from crap to real food!

I do miss my junk food sometimes, though. I haven’t had pizza in over a year :( But feeling good > pizza, so I’ll continue on ;)

I loved these posts here, it was so nice to read your view on food. Looking forward to talking to you on Monday!!

:heart:

@courtiebee on Twitter. Click here for my personal blog :)

Lillie
    Participant

Hi again Lillie!

I completely agree that a good diet will help to prevent all the diseases you mentioned! Some people think that they are all metabolic diseases, which I assume means that they should be completely preventable by diet. I don’t know how true that is, but it’s cool to think that there’s a chance we have control over them.

I think the biggest thing that causes people to feel so much better when they go on one of these diets is that all of them (juicing, vegan, raw, paleo) eliminate processed food. Eating real food is the key, no matter what the diet. It’s impossible not to feel better when you go from crap to real food!

I do miss my junk food sometimes, though. I haven’t had pizza in over a year :( But feeling good > pizza, so I’ll continue on ;)

I loved these posts here, it was so nice to read your view on food. Looking forward to talking to you on Monday!!

:heart:

Hey Courtney :bye:

Glad you liked the posts; it’s nice to find someone interested in this. I guess there are quite a few out there that would struggle to stay on this diet but I’m determined to keep it up. For those who may read this and wonder what a 5’2″, 96lb girl is doing on a diet I have to say it’s not a diet to lose weight; it’s a diet to stop me eating all the stuff out there that isn’t good for me. :yes:

Anyway, I had a really busy day at work today and when I got home I was famished and could have tucked into the biggest roast dinner ever cooked but, of course, I didn’t. So, what to have that isn’t bad for you when you’re really hungry? I tried to think of something vegetarian that was filling and came up with the idea of baked, jacket potatoes. Whilst they were in the oven I made a salad from fresh spinach, beetroot, grated carrot, chopped spring onions (scallions for you North Americans) and chopped tomatoes with a little salt and vinegar added. No oils in the salad and no butter on the potatoes! I also lightly steamed some fresh kale and tucked in when it was all ready. I have to say I am so stuffed now I couldn’t eat a bar of choccy if I wanted one (which I don’t). The only naughty thing I had was my cup of tea. I really can’t give that up just yet; maybe some time in the future I’ll be able to.

Although I feel stuffed I don’t feel bloated like I used to feel after a nice roast dinner and this is another thing that I am finding to be so much better for me. Even though I’m full up I don’t feel like I have to spread out on the sofa like a beached whale after eating. I still have lots of energy left in me, even after a hard day at work. In the past I would often nod off for an hour or two after a big meal but today I’m not even a bit tired. For those who might be thinking about doing something similar I must say you will be surprised at just how much energy you have, even on a pure plant based diet. I no longer eat any animal flesh, including seafood, nor do I have any dairy produce (apart from milk in my tea – can’t give that up yet) or processed food. Everything is completely fresh and most of it is eaten raw.

Time will tell how things go for me but I really can’t see how this could be detrimental to my health. I really recommend this diet to anyone interested in it. I will also guarantee that if anyone is overweight, this manner of eating will have you shedding loads of excess fat very quickly. I feel great on this diet and long may it continue! :yahoo:

Lillie
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Just a quick question about Spin and Gos. I’ve been playing Spins for a few days and I have a win rate around 50%. What I’d like to know is if this win rate is about what I should be aiming for or am I over or under expectation? I’m profitable at the minute though it is obviously over a short sample. I remember you saying in one of your spin challenge videos that the idea is to break even over the 2x spins and make your profit from the multipliers so, to me, it seems that a 50% win rate is what I should be looking for. Can you confirm whether I’m about right with the win rate or over/under it? Thanks :heart: :heart:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hi Courtney,

Just a quick question about Spin and Gos. I’ve been playing Spins for a few days and I have a win rate around 50%. What I’d like to know is if this win rate is about what I should be aiming for or am I over or under expectation? I’m profitable at the minute though it is obviously over a short sample. I remember you saying in one of your spin challenge videos that the idea is to break even over the 2x spins and make your profit from the multipliers so, to me, it seems that a 50% win rate is what I should be looking for. Can you confirm whether I’m about right with the win rate or over/under it? Thanks :heart::heart:

Hello my friend! You are running above expectation with regards to win rate as we can’t expect to win over 40% in the long run. Actually a really good win rate is ~36%, which is winning just over one third of the time. Sounds like you are doing very well, though! We can always expect to “run better” when our edge is bigger. Keep at it!

Lillie
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Courtney. I’m glad to hear that I’m running higher than expected. Not because it makes me feel good or anything like that, it’s because I won’t feel so bad if my win rate drops a little. I have to say that I’m having so much fun playing these though I seem to play better when it gets to heads up. For that reason I tend to play very tight 3-handed and I really don’t mind going to heads up with a 2-1 chip deficit. I’m confident – at this level at least – that my heads up play is pretty good and a lot of the spins I’ve won have been when I’m behind in chips. Nash has been a big help. I’m pushing hands in heads up I wouldn’t have dreamed of pushing just a few days ago, and this is enabling me to make tough calls more easily or make what I’ve thought to be a dubious push seem right.

I’m working till late tomorrow so I won’t get to the stream until later on. Thanks for the advice :heart: :heart:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Thank YOU for posting here and keeping me company in this thread! hehe

I’m glad that you’re enjoying the games. I think playing tight 3-handed is a good strategy, especially if you think your edge is good heads-up. I hope you spin something big soon! Have a good day at work and talk to you tomorrow :)

Strongfold
    Participant

Merry Christmas everyone! :yahoo: I hope you are all having wonderful holidays and a lot of gifts, food and dank memes. :heart:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas everyone! :yahoo: I hope you are all having wonderful holidays and a lot of gifts, food and dank memes. :heart:

omg best surprise ever, this is so much better than you showing up and eating my eggs!!!

Much love to you, Merry Christmas liebling :heart:

Lani10s
    Participant

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY LIEBLING AND….Dave…hehe

Have fun and eat lots of eggs and wear that hoodie forever!

P.s you should steal Dave the cookies, they’re pretty dank and homemade

Love, Lana :rose:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY LIEBLING AND….Dave…hehe

Have fun and eat lots of eggs and wear that hoodie forever!

P.s you should steal Dave the cookies, they’re pretty dank and homemade

Love, Lana :rose:

Merry Christmas Lana Liebling!!! I hope you are having the most wonderful day. Thanks so much for posting here, I love you SO much :rose:

Oh and I’m pretty sure those cookies are long gone, haha. He said they were really good!

AceBigNuts
    Participant

I’m used to playing cash games in my hometown. Me and some friends are about to go out of town for a tournament. The tournament does have re-entries. Can you share any advice for my first tournament? Thanks in advance.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

I’m used to playing cash games in my hometown. Me and some friends are about to go out of town for a tournament. The tournament does have re-entries. Can you share any advice for my first tournament? Thanks in advance.

Probably the biggest thing is to announce your bets. If you’re not used to blinds going up, sometimes you could bet a wrong amount by accident. Also you’ll have tournament chips, and some of the denominations might be weird. I’ve tried to bet 5000 chips instead of 500 chips before, so it’s good to announce your bets beforehand so that you don’t do that ;)

Good luck! Let me know how you do, I’ll be sending you my energy :)

howardci
    howardci
    Participant

HBD everyone courtieHeart

"Aww man, Chow stole my girl" -Everyone

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

HBD everyone courtieHeart

:hugging:

That emote went from creepy to my fav :good:

Sykust
    Participant

Heyyyy, my twitch name is Sykust and i literally started watching you today lol, i play poker a lot but never played for money before and wanna start, any advice? How did you build up your bankroll and how did you create your setup on twitch? Please give as much detail as you want :P id really appreciate it! Goodluck

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hey Sykust, I’m so glad you found my stream! Definitely make sure you play low stakes so that you can get used to how people play when it’s for real money (as opposed to play money). I originally built my bankroll playing sit-n-go’s, but you certainly can build a bankroll playing cash games or tournaments too. Tournaments are a bit higher variance since the field sizes will be large at the micro stakes, though. Are you able to play on 888? If you don’t live the States, you probably can. If you use my link to sign up, you’ll get a couple bucks for free and a few tournament tickets, so you can try real money games without even having to deposit. Here’s the link if you’re interested: http://bit.ly/play888poker

As for my setup on Twitch, I downloaded streaming software and learned how to use it via trial and error ;) I use XSplit, but I hear OBS is good (and free). I use a Blue Yeti mic and a Logitech c920. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sykust
    Participant

Thanks a lot, really helped, watched your vlog too, unfortunately in this case i live in the states so i cant use 888 but i got ignition, looking forward to more of your streams.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot, really helped, watched your vlog too, unfortunately in this case i live in the states so i cant use 888 but i got ignition, looking forward to more of your streams.

Awesome! See you Wednesday I hope :)

Hamlet
    Hamlet
    Participant

someone spilled honey around here! :heart:

Hi courtney. Nice streamig, and good games.

What HUD do you use for Spin&Go?

If the flop doesn´t fit... Go All-in

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

someone spilled honey around here! :heart:

Hi courtney. Nice streamig, and good games.

What HUD do you use for Spin&Go?

Thanks so much for posting, it’s so nice to hear from someone on the forum :heart: Thanks also for the kind words about my stream.

For spins I used to use the same HUD that I use now for MTTs because I never really fine tuned it. It can be found on page 14 of this thread or you can just use this link: http://bit.ly/2bVDF4F)

I don’t necessarily think the HUD is that great for 3-handed, but I like my heads-up HUD at least!

Sheremon
    Participant

And hi from Me :good: nice to meet you i follow you from soon i was playing Spin and go’s and had Ev around 70 but i preferre MTTs my question is do you play MTTs and if you play can we consider some tough situations together when i have some? 3of4 times i am in money for now but i will be happy if i find more players to tallk about poker!

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

And hi from Me :good: nice to meet you i follow you from soon i was playing Spin and go’s and had Ev around 70 but i preferre MTTs my question is do you play MTTs and if you play can we consider some tough situations together when i have some? 3of4 times i am in money for now but i will be happy if i find more players to tallk about poker!

Hi, so nice to hear from you here! I play primarily MTTs right now. If you’d ever like to discuss poker, you can post on my Discord server in the poker channel! https://discord.gg/courtiebee

Viewing 22 posts - 401 through 422 (of 422 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.