twitch.tv/courtiebee hang out thread!

Forums Other Discussions Community twitch.tv/courtiebee hang out thread!

This topic contains 419 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by Courtney Gee Courtney Gee 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

I’m an online poker player and occasionally I stream on Twitch at twitch.tv/courtiebee. Follow me and come hang out when I’m live!

I thought it would be cool if there were somewhere people could chat and post while my stream is offline, which is why I’ve made this thread. It’s basically a random thread for any random chatter about anything ever. Ask me questions, comment about a recent stream, or talk to someone you met in the stream. Although to get a reply, they’ll have to make an account and post here too ;-)

There might be crickets here for a while, but I hope that as my stream and this site grow, eventually this thread will become awesome!

@courtiebee on Twitter. Click here for my personal blog :)

Nean Derthal
    Nean Derthal
    Participant

Hi Mrs. B,

My Twitch username is GentleBerserker.

I wanted to be the first to post. You are my hyper hero.

I was playing spins, but I stopped because I hate them, a lot! I was making money at them too, but they’re just too excruciating to play. Hyper people like me crave the raw, heads-up hyper action. I will watch you play at any stakes. You don’t need to play $200. Spins are in, but I don’t think they’re that interesting to watch. Hypers are much more interesting.

Also, please, please display effective BB’s. You don’t need to make the number big. You can have it small. It is so hard for me to follow the action if I cannot see effective BB’s. I really need a calculator to calculate the BB’s. I’m not exaggerating. That’s how retarded I am. There are many retarded people just like me. My generation didn’t have the Internet when we were kids, so we watched TV all day. The TV was really, really bad. Have you ever watched 70’s TV? Watching The Love Boat and Fantasy Island probably lowered my IQ a good 10 points. Please considering adding effective BB’s for your fans.

Life is on the hypers, the rest is just waiting.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hey GentleBerserker, I’m so happy to see you here! Thanks for posting. I really appreciate the suggestion for displaying effective BBs. I didn’t want to do it at first because I felt it would make my HUD more complicated, but I think you’re right that it will help viewers of my games. I will try it out!

I’ll also try to bring HU back in for my next stream. Playing both spins and HU requires a lot more micro management than I would like, which is why I was happy to take a break from it last time. But I definitely understand that people like to watch HU, so I’ll do my best to include it. It’s just so much easier to stream spins because the action is a lot more consistent.

I’ve never watched 70s TV, I was born in the 80s! I definitely watched a ton of TV when I was younger too though ;-)

Thanks again for the post!

Stack & Fade
    Stack & Fade
    Keymaster

My Twitch username is GentleBerserker.

Hey there. Would you like this username changed to GentleBerserker? I see you first created that username, but had mistyped your email address on it.

Nean Derthal
    Nean Derthal
    Participant

Hi, Mrs. B,

I did not realize that I got some responses from you.

Ha, ha, I see that you saw I had some trouble trying to create an account because I mistyped my e-mail.

If you can let me log in with username GentleBerserker, that would be great, thanks!

Thanks so much for considering putting in BB’s. That would be so great for me!!!

I hope to see you streaming soon!

John Kwon
    John Kwon
    Keymaster

I hope that as my stream and this site grow, eventually this thread will become awesome!

This thread is already awesome! :good:

Nean Derthal
    Nean Derthal
    Participant

Thanks for change my user name. I’m ready to rock n’ roll!

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for considering putting in BB’s. That would be so great for me!!!
    I hope to see you streaming soon!

I’ll be streaming this weekend for sure, hopefully tonight if things go well! I have some poker homework to do and some reg games to play first.

This thread is already awesome! :good:

:rose:

David Thorne
    David Thorne
    Keymaster

there better be a streambee this weekend :whistle:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hopefully tomorrow!

I think I’m gonna set a schedule of Friday during the day and Monday night PST. Thoughts? Should it be Friday night and Monday day instead? HOW DO I DECIDE THESE THINGS?

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Bees or donkeys?

http://strawpoll.me/5017511

It was close at first but now bees is starting to pull ahead!

fel208
    fel208
    Participant

Hi courtney :) I dont know if its gonna work, i sent you a twitch message cause I dont know how to handle the blog messaging (:

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster
    Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hi courtney :) I dont know if its gonna work, i sent you a twitch message cause I dont know how to handle the blog messaging (:

It totally worked! Hiiiiii! :heart:

John Kwon
    John Kwon
    Keymaster
    Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

On Twitch I use an automated program to censor links posted in my chat because I don’t want people to spam links. But I allow certain links from certain sites, which I put on the whitelist. I’m intending to update that post as I add or subtract from the whitelist just so that I have somewhere for people to refer to in order to know which links they can post :good:

John Kwon
    John Kwon
    Keymaster

mikkj1
    Participant

Hi Courtney.

Since everyone kept talking about the Big Game, I had to find it and watch it. You had nice posture. ;) This was a while ago, so you may have addressed this, but, as an old live game player, you have to play some junk hands (if you can get in cheap) occasionally. You might suck out and win, which is optimal, since it will put the table’s perception of you on tilt, or you just fold. Either way, they don’t just fold when you raise.

I’m actually posting because I wonder if you have a YouTube channel. If you do, I couldn’t find it. It would create synergy with your Twitch channel, since a lot of people search poker, and they’d be interested in someone who plays well and has a good personality and a lot of fun on her stream. My YouTube channel is under mikkj1, and you can see my cat :). I just put it up to share some music and my cat vids with my friends on the website I started – freerangetalk.com – and I have 269 thousand views and 108 subscribers, so… All you’d need to do is post your Twitch streams there – it might even make some income.

Also, when you tweet that you intend to stream, try to remember to put the starting time in the tweet. I figured the Sunday Million out by noting the time of the tweet and that you said 30 mins, but some might get confused. I really enjoy your stream, you have fun, and you have a good crowd of followers. I’d subscribe if you ever got a schedule (hint, hint). You’ve got everything going for you, but people need steady to really dive in.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Hi mikkj1, I’m SO happy to see you here!

I agree with you about the Big Game. Trust me when I say that if I could go back in time, I would play VERY differently ;) It was four years ago, which is a loooong time in poker, so it makes sense that I would play much differently now.

I have a YouTube channel, but I haven’t advertised it and it currently has zero poker content. I’m not exactly sure what to upload to the channel, but I will say that it’s something I’ve thought about. I don’t think I’m interested in just uploading past streams because those can be found on Twitch. I think it would probably be best if I found some sort of exclusive content that can go on YouTube to go alongside my stream, so I’m going to try to come up with that. Thank you so much for your thoughts about this, though. I definitely agree with you that YouTube is important and a source of potential income!

Thanks for the advice about Twitter and noting the time when I tweet. I will try to remember to do that next time because I agree it would make it less confusing! And also thanks for the point about posting a steady schedule. I very much agree with you that people need something regular, and I’ve been SO bad about committing! I have some personal reasons for that, but luckily I should be clearing those up soon. And hearing this from you makes it clear to me that I need to make the schedule a priority, so I REALLY appreciate the advice.

Thank you again so much for posting here! I was so excited to hear from you. I really enjoy having you in my streams and it’s people like you that make me love being on Twitch.

mikkj1
    Participant

As to YouTube content: Yes, people can find your past broadcasts on Twitch – if they’re on Twitch. This is about reaching people who don’t know you. As for other content, how about teaching? When I first started watching you, I had no idea what a Spin was or how it worked. When you start talking about the..hud?… or whatever that keeps the stats, I still have no clue. You also take stuff into account that I never did. So, how about an overview of the lingo, the tools, the strategies, etc. When I started on Pokerstars, I had no idea when the best time of day to get action was, and no one posted it anywhere. I had to find the best games and style for myself. You could explain each game and each style and which one might be best for each person. Then, of course, there’s the actual play. You don’t have to be “The expert of experts”. since this would be for noobs and people who would like to see if they have what it takes, but don’t know how. I’m sure you know who Trump is. His channel is mostly past streams, with a portion of “Trump Teachings” – just enough. He also is the only Hearthstone player I’ve seen do a F2P to Legend run, and those are very popular – it’s where I learned to build a deck and play. I think that a lot of people, once you have a base, would love to see you start out with a minimum bank and build it up the way someone who doesn’t do this for a living would do, not like the people on Twitch, who apparently don’t have a job or anything, since they stream 24/7. Poker is an entertaining game, and you’re very knowledgeable about it, so there you go.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

As to YouTube content: Yes, people can find your past broadcasts on Twitch – if they’re on Twitch. This is about reaching people who don’t know you. As for other content, how about teaching? When I first started watching you, I had no idea what a Spin was or how it worked. When you start talking about the..hud?… or whatever that keeps the stats, I still have no clue. You also take stuff into account that I never did. So, how about an overview of the lingo, the tools, the strategies, etc. When I started on Pokerstars, I had no idea when the best time of day to get action was, and no one posted it anywhere. I had to find the best games and style for myself. You could explain each game and each style and which one might be best for each person. Then, of course, there’s the actual play. You don’t have to be “The expert of experts”. since this would be for noobs and people who would like to see if they have what it takes, but don’t know how. I’m sure you know who Trump is. His channel is mostly past streams, with a portion of “Trump Teachings” – just enough. He also is the only Hearthstone player I’ve seen do a F2P to Legend run, and those are very popular – it’s where I learned to build a deck and play. I think that a lot of people, once you have a base, would love to see you start out with a minimum bank and build it up the way someone who doesn’t do this for a living would do, not like the people on Twitch, who apparently don’t have a job or anything, since they stream 24/7. Poker is an entertaining game, and you’re very knowledgeable about it, so there you go.

Those are some truly great ideas. Thank you very much for taking the time to write them out! I will definitely be coming back to this thread to consider everything you suggested once I’m ready to tackle YouTube. I must say, you are extremely creative.

John Kwon
    John Kwon
    Keymaster

mikkj1
    Participant

I hope I’m not bothering you with this stuff. You should use the resources at your disposal to figure out what to do with your stream and YouTube channel – ask your followers the next time you stream, maybe put up some polls about what they’d like to see. They’re the ones who can make it or break it. And please remember that a lot of streams and channels start slowly and build to critical mass before they take off. Just okay is okay. As you pointed out, though, your real life takes priority. If you don’t take care of yourself and your day-to-day, then nothing will work. So, I’m not suggesting, or pushing, for immediate action, just dropping some thoughts. Be well.

Courtney Gee
    Courtney Gee
    Keymaster

Polls are definitely a good idea, I will definitely use those as best I can when I think they will help!

And of course you are not bothering me at all. It’s quite the opposite – I greatly appreciate your thoughts. Like I said, I’ll definitely be considering all your ideas.

Streaming more is definitely my first priority with everything. Once I’ve got that in a routine, I’ll be looking to improve other things, like YouTube and social media, etc.

You’re awesome, mikkj1 :heart:

mikkj1
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

I had an idea for the bee thingy:

Courtie or Courtney Beelievers. You could have a hive with some stained glass windows and sign that says “Believe in the Bee”(your catchphrase). A cross on top might offend people, but would be funny. A big win could be “Honey Money”. Winning a big hand – “Sting!”. You’re not busy you’re “Buzzy”. Followers are your “Swarm”. Depends on how far you want to take it. :wacko:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.